How to find physical therapist jobs in New York

  • Home
  • Blog
  • How to find physical therapist jobs in New York

How to find physical therapist jobs in New York

Becoming a physical therapist will require hard work and the intention to help others. You won’t be able to find physical therapist jobs in New York if you don’t have proper education and training. Please note that you need to be sure that you have fulfilled all the requirements to save yourself from disappointment before finding a job.

Understanding the basics

Physical therapists work with patients who face difficulty moving and are dealing with pain management. These are the patients that often go to or are referred to a physical therapist. Physical therapists help such patients to feel better by providing multiple solutions. By providing individual attention and focused exercise plans, physical therapists can help patients restore their motion, improve flexibility, build strength, and also manage pain properly.

Physical therapists will be mostly working in nursing homes, clinics, and private offices. In general, physical therapists are hired for full-time jobs, but some may be hired for part-time as well. In some cases, weekend or evening shifts may also be offered.

Career Outlook

As per the Bureau of Labor Statistics, it is speculated that the required for a physical therapist will grow by 36% by the end of 2022. The requirement for physical therapists has grown exponentially in the last few years. The reason for the requirement is that the aging population is growing. There are patients who are suffering from heart attacks, cancer, mental illness, strokes, injured patients who repeatedly need the assistance of physical therapists.

How to become a physical therapist?

If you are looking for physical therapist jobs in New York, then the first thing that you will need is a doctorate degree in physical therapy education. Along with that, you must complete the state licensure exam as well.

Usually, it takes around three years to complete DPT; in some cases, it may go beyond three years. In DPT, you will be studying neuroscience, kinesiology, biomechanics, exercise physiology, biology/anatomy, pathology, ethics/value, behavioral science, clinical reasoning, sociology, management science, evidence-based practice, musculoskeletal, metabolic, and endocrine, and cardiovascular and pulmonary.

20% of the DPT program will be clinical, while the rest 80% is classroom-based. If you are interested in becoming one, this is the first step to take.

After the program

Once you successfully clear DPT, you may choose to do a residency or fellowship. However, if you want to start your career, the best thing to do would be to get in touch with a staffing agency that will help you find a suitable physical therapist position at the most suitable location.

Also, it would be better to do jobs related to physical therapy because that will enhance your credibility, and will open doors for better opportunities. The requirement for physical therapists is growing day by day, which means there is no shortage for physical therapists.

Contacting an agency becomes prudent because these agencies know about the vacancies and get the help you find the best physical therapist jobs in New York that suits your requirements and will give you the freedom to manage your work-life balance. Find a good physical therapist staffing agency that is experienced and will let you choose from multiple options. But remember that as a physical therapist, you need to be ready to help patients.

How to find the right agency?

Finding a good physical therapist staffing agency won’t be challenging if you get in touch with the right one. But to find the right one, you will have to check the credential of the staffing agency. Go with someone who is here in the industry for a long time and has helped multiple physical therapists find suitable and the right job. Give a call to the staffing agency, and do look at the online review as well.

3 thoughts on “How to find physical therapist jobs in New York

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *